Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Posted by Whitney at 7:03 PM
Better late than never...at least that's my theory. It was Mak's Bday on Sunday and i am more than a little late. However, I wanted to make sure that I jotted down some of the best parts of Makray's long gone terrific twos.
1. You are practically perfect in every way. You are well behaved. You go to sleep early and wake up late. You eat all your food regardless of what I feed you. You love to play. You love to smile. There is nothing more I could ask for in a little boy.
2. You are my little perfectionist. You spend a good part of your day cleaning and organizing. Your brother terrorizes you by mixing up your bins and dumping out your toys. You sometimes have to hold your breath and ball up your little hands to keep from exploding when your things are in disarray.
3. You started out your twos being pretty shy. You stuck to my side for the most part. Nursery was hard for you. You always told me the babies in there were loud and stinky. But recently you have become a little social butterfly. You say hi to everyone and yell "merry Christmas." You love all your buddies and can't wait for primary.
4. You make me laugh all the time. You come up with the craziest things to say.
5. You love being a big kid. You gave up diapers more than a year ago, and now you are awesome at getting up at night to take yourself potty. It is great to have such a grown up boy.
6. You have the most incredible sense of smell. You can sniff out anything stinky or sweet. Your number one quote is, "Hey i smell something!"
7. You are sweet to everyone. You like to make people happy and take a lot of pride into showing kindness to others. You are always more than willing to give up toys and candy to others.
8.You are my bubble boy. You love having lots of friends, but boy do you hate kisses and hugs. It takes a lot for mommy or daddy to get a kiss from you. You don't like to snuggle you just don't have time for it.
9. You are my little wrestler! Boy do I love having someone to wrestle with. You are pretty tough and you are always yelling "say uncle say uncle!" you usually win!!
10. Best of all you are the greatest brother. You take such good care of Emmett, always watching over him and keeping him safe. You put his needs before yours, you are such an amazing example, I know E will be a good boy just like you because he watches you and the good things you do.
Posted by Whitney at 6:46 PM
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Now I hate to say it.... but Makray had been asking for this for months. Emmett is always getting hurt when it comes to playing with his brother. Emmett is generally the sweetest little thing, taking Mak's abuse in stride.... but every once in a while he shows a side of pure evil. I don't doubt Emmett had been waiting all day for Mak to climb in, and with a little maneuvering of the lid, and just a little climbing... Mak got his!
Posted by Whitney at 4:01 PM
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Well it once again has been far to long since I have updated. I will try to do better... but I say that every week! For conference weekend we all went up to David's parents new cabin! It was tons of fun and so nice to be together as a family, which is so hard to do these days.
Posted by Whitney at 7:23 PM
Friday, September 24, 2010
Emmett had the best first Birthday. It was a weekend long celebration, with several parties and a lot of cake and icecream. Nothing is better than summer days spent with friends and grandparents and big boy cousins!!!Good morning birthday boy. I had to throw this picture in... Emmett is the one and only morning person in our family. This is how Dave and I like to wake up in the morning. He is always full of giggles first thing in the morning and loves to snuggle, which helps us morning draggers feel better about our day.
This is Mak's good buddy Talissa, they are on a little cupcake date.
Posted by Whitney at 12:51 PM
Friday, September 17, 2010
Posted by Whitney at 9:02 AM
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Posted by Whitney at 10:16 PM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
So I had an experience yesterday. Tears and tantrums were running strong, and by lunch time all three of us had had it. At which point Mak was sent to his room for basically sitting on Emmett's head. Mak began the usual five minute time out sitting pushed up against his door bawling. Pretty soon Emmett was banging on the other side of the door and pulling on the handle in an attempt to get Mak out. I was shocked after all Makray had spent the morning picking Emmett to pieces. My best attempts to entertain Emmett and keep him away from Mak's door failed, every time he would head down the hall turn the corner and go straight to Mak's door. He had one thing on his mind and nothing was going to stop him.
Whatever, I figured while they were both otherwise engaged (bawling and banging) I would get some cleaning up done. About a minute and half later I realized the banging had stopped and so had the crying. I headed for Mak's room to see what the lack of commotion was about. This is what I found.
Thank you to my brothers for tormenting my boyfriends, calling me names, and pulling my hair. Thank you for teaching me how to throw a ball, gut a fish, and punch like a boy. Thanks for getting me grounded and for taking the blame. Thanks for shooting me with sling shots, marshmallow rifles, potato guns, and air soft pistols. Thanks for carrying me home when I was hurt, slipping me money so I wouldn't lose at monopoly, and cutting me more than my share of the Lawn Mowing money when all I did was sit on the curb and pout. Thanks for going on missions, fulfilling your callings, and being good boys. Love you Ty and P!
Posted by Whitney at 8:37 AM
Friday, July 9, 2010
Mak and E are lucky enough to have some of the BEST big boy cousins in the world, these are 9 of his most favorite people and they were all there except one, WE MISSED YOU CANNON
We went to a little canyon just outside of Salt Lake.... it was so beautiful
The only picture we got with everyone looking. (and not crying)
My sister in laws and mother in law (i'm the blonde one haha) Everyone has complaints about their in-laws, but i don't have any about these three. I always wanted awesome sister-in-laws and these two are as good as they get. We had so much fun shopping and playing with our boys.
I'm a little bit in love with the bond my little boys are already forming. Yes and that IS the worlds biggest marshmallow.
Emmett showing off, I was dreading the day when emmett learned that daddy is just so much fun, and I would get bumped from being the center of his world... that day is here.
This is Nixon showing off his rock collection and Mak, equally proud of his candy collection.
My recipe for the perfect 4th, lots of little boys, good food, and plenty of fire!!!
Snapits rock Mak's world.
This picture pretty well sums up our weekend, just look at mak's face when the first fire work went off.
Posted by Whitney at 8:31 AM
Thursday, June 10, 2010
TODAY is our Anniversary. We have been married for FOUR years, and i just can't believe it. It has been my greatest adventure, and I've loved almost every minute of it. Today is a day that I can do nothing but smile at the joys I have in my life. Four years ago I married the best man a girl could ask for and our ending result is........
two more of the best little men I could ask for.......
Posted by Whitney at 9:42 AM
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
What a great weekend. We spent a few days in Burley because my brother's little family came to visit. We had such a blast with 3 little boys under the age of three. It was great to see them.
We got to swim at the hotel.
Mak is a pretty awesome swimmer with his little floaties.
Later we went up to Island Park again, to get in on opening day fishing.
Everyone say fishy!Mak was excited and patient on his first fishing trip. He sat and waited and waited for his fish. A friend invited us to go out on their boat, it was really hard persuading Mak to leave his post, but after we promised him a fish on the boat he relented.
Fishing in style on a big BIG ocean boat.
4 hours on the boat... it is getting a little hard to wait for our fish.
Got one at last.
Posted by Whitney at 10:25 AM