Friday, September 24, 2010

Emmett's Big Birthday

Emmett had the best first Birthday. It was a weekend long celebration, with several parties and a lot of cake and icecream. Nothing is better than summer days spent with friends and grandparents and big boy cousins!!!Good morning birthday boy. I had to throw this picture in... Emmett is the one and only morning person in our family. This is how Dave and I like to wake up in the morning. He is always full of giggles first thing in the morning and loves to snuggle, which helps us morning draggers feel better about our day.

Mak was definetly more excited about the presents than Emmett. We had a little jealousy, but nothing to serious.

I am super proud of this cake, it was huge and used 32 cupcakes. Emmett has loved elmo since he was about three months old. Wherever we go he points out every elmo. I made this cake the day before his party and I had to protect it from my boys with my life. They were so sneaky. Thanks Brit for your vast knowledge and supplies for awesome cakes!!!!
Emmett thought we were a little crazy, but Karly and Mak and of course ME knew just what to do!
This is Mak's good buddy Talissa, they are on a little cupcake date.
Digging in... there was no happier boy there than Emmett... he had three cupcakes in one sitting.

We are still cleaning up red frosting, and they boys are still slightly pink.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Super cute cake Whitney! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Preston and Lisa said...

looks like a lot of fun!!! I love the cake! Can't wait to see you guys!! Happy Birthday Emmett!!

Travis and Mindi Eames said...

Whit! I can't beleive how big your boys have gotten! They are so handsome and they are just growing up so fast! I just can't beleive it! You are just the cutest mom too! Hope you guys are well!