Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Week of Pain!!!

Well we have had another busy busy week. Mother's Day was fantastic. I got to go shopping and pick out some fun new, skinny/not pregnant clothes, David made me a delicious breakfast, and my father-in-law made a dutch-oven dinner. It was a great day; unfortunately, it started out with EVERYONE really sick. First Mak came down with a cold which I quickly caught, then he got PINK eye, which fortunately no one else got. Makray recovered a couple days later, I assumed that's what would happen for me, BUT no such luck, David and I ended up getting a cold/sinus infection/stomach flu cocktail! It was horrible!!! I knew it was awful to be sick, but it is a whole different story when you have to hold a baby AND puke into the toilet at the same time! A couple days later, I was hurrying to get things together to go on a day trip (still sick), and I walked right into Makray's Jumparoo and broke two toes! OUCH!!! That makes 6 breaks for my pinkie toe and 4 for my ring toe! The week ended much better than it started, when we went on a float down the river with Grandpa Mike! Makray HATED his life jacket, he kept acting like he was drowning and trying to swim out of it! Other than that, he totally loved it, it was a really warm, beautiful day and he loved the water. The day ended with me getting stung by a BEE, what a painful week! Ready for fishing, dressed up in my CAMO!!! Thanks Aunt Jody!

Makray was not realy happy about his life jacket, but considering it was the worst part of the day it was not to bad!

Mak and I hung out in the air conditioned truck while Grandpa and Dad worked on figuring out a strap..............for an hour hehehe

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Whoa- that sounds awful! (Except for the part about buying non-pregnant clothes. I am so ready for that) I really hope things get better and less painful for you.

Amanda said...

Oh wow-I'm so sorry Whitney! That sounds like a terrible week! I hope all is going well again! Your little family is so cute!

Swensen Family said...

Oh ouch!! That sounds no fun. Hope this week goes better for you!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

What a cutie, I love the life jacket picture! Pink eye and the sickness does not sound fun. Glad you guys are on the mend!

Jen said...

Fun Blog, Whitney. Such cute pictures!

Katie Cash Davis said...

You are SO right--getting sick when you're a mom is five thousand times worse. I love seeing pictures of Makray! He's so cute!

Linford Family said...

Sounds like you had a pretty rough week too! It's funny how sometimes things happen ALL at once! Hope your toes are feeling better-seems like it would hurt pretty bad!

Megs said...

What a horrible week!!! I'd be surprised if you made it through that without gaining 10lbs-if I had that week I would have been unloading on Ben & Jerry's, any chocolate I could get my hands on and whatever else was in my reach as I was sitting down on the couch with my foot elevated watching chick flicks!! What a woman!!

Robyn said...

Hey! I take Macie to Idaho Falls Pediatrics. Their website is ifpediatrics.com and it has all the info you need! Macie has seen Stephanie Newberry and Dr. Moore. I like him a lot! He is really kind and soft spoken. He sat a talked to me for quite a while. It was so nice. The girl doctor was a little cold. I wouldn't recomend her.
Also, i have a question for you! How do you make your blog background "scrapbooky like" is it just a templet or did you make it? Tell me your secret! its so cute! You can email me if the explanation is too long! therobisons1@msn.com
Thanks!

The Clark Family said...

Hey guys! It was so great to hear from you on our blog - we hope everyone is well! Baby Mak is adorable and you guys look like you are having so much fun all together...we've got 11 days until the next little one comes - we will keep you posted! Talk to you soon!!

The Goldthorpe Family said...

Cute blog! I found your blog through someone else's blog :) It was so fun to read all of your blogs and see your pictures! Sorry that you had such a painful week :(

Megan said...

That camo is just too much! You guys are adorable!