Saturday, February 20, 2010

Grandpa Comes for the Weekend

Every year my dad officiates at the Simplot Games.... so lucky us he came to stay for a few days. My dad is maks number one pal, so obviously he was pretty pumped. We spent the whole weekend at the Holt Arena and despite the lack of naps we had a blast.Mak hanging out with papa. Mak got to meet a few former Olympic gold medalists and he now speaks of them by name like they are best buds. He wondered when they were coming over. sorry mak.
My dad participated in the coach's race, he got third. I was bragging about how fast I can run a mile then I watched my 53 year old father kill a mile in 5 min 19 seconds. Mak is fast too.
This picture is a good example of how tired they were, our second day, 7 hours in, no naps to speak of and chalk full of Clearance Valentine Candy. haha
Emmett being the goober that he is. haha
If any of you were curious.... yes big E is actually really big now. He gained 5 pounds in three weeks and is now a swarthy 16 pounder. (notice the triple chin)
with two kids it is impossible to get a shot where both children are looking and neither parent is crying or is it both parents are looking and neither child is crying... anyway
Emmett learning to be a dare devil like his brother
Emmett and Mak in their official Simplot Gear
My boys are big time wrestlers.
My little stinkers just keep growing. Emmett is already scootching around a little and sitting up on his own (for the most part). Mak is full of two year old stuff, some good some bad. But he never fails to make me laugh, he is such a smart little kid he amazes me everyday.

2 comments:

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

your boys are just too cute Whitney. Emmett is already 16 pounds and my 16 month old is only 18.some pounds. I love to look at your blog and see all the funny new things Mak is doing.

Jill said...

Whitney! Your boys are so cute I can't stand it! It looks like you guys are doing good and having fun! This was fun to see!