Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring is Here

Like everyone, I'm sure, we are loving this warm weather. It was so depressing to sit in the apartment and watch the snow pile up. Makray loves being outside, he cries when we come back in. I love being able to sit outside and show him new things. He loves the sun so much that he is willing to face the wind and hold his breath. We recently got a new jogger, with all the bells and whistles, and there is nothing better than going on a jog to the park or walking to the temple. Behind our house we have a duck pond, there are hundreds of ducks there just waiting for people to feed them. At first I was pretty scared of the ducks, they kind of just swarm around you, and sometimes get mixed up between bread and my toes. Just as I was getting used to the ducks, Makray and I met the geese. We were in the park happily feeding the ducks when out of no where three geese pop up! They were HUGE, and worse than huge they were mean. They started biting the ducks and pulling out there feathers. Makray immediately started whining and his eyes were huge, I was being the brave mother, telling him "it's ok," when I really wanted to take off running and leave Makray and the stroller to the geese. They came right up to us and were biting at the bag of bread, finally I couldn't take any more so I threw the bag as far as I could and we took of running with the geese chasing us all the way.This is where I began to get a little uneasy!
These are just some random pictures of Makray with his onsie on his head, they make me laugh so I thought I would post them. He is so big and is so much fun I just love him to pieces.



10 comments:

Kimberly Clark said...

I have always hated geese for that reason. What is it about little boys and the outdoors, I can never get Sean to come into the house without tears. Glad you are all doing well.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Makray is so adorable! It looks like you are having so much fun being a mom!
And I didn't mean to delete that last post! whoops!

Unknown said...

Way to be the tough mom, I think I would've wanted to dart myself! And amen to spring weather!!

Katie Cash Davis said...

Whitney, how fun! I have been wanting to see your little baby! He is so cute! Our little boys really need to meet. I think they would be great friends! We haven't been traveling much lately, but now that it's summer we'll probably find ourselves up in Idaho Falls to visit Taylor's family. I'll let you know and maybe we can come meet Makray. It will be fun to keep track of each other this way too!

Swensen Family said...

Hey Whitney, hope you don't mind I stalked you down :)! I have peeked at your blog and your little one is sooo cute. I hope all is going well for you guys...I know what you mean about those geese, they scared Payton pretty bad before and one even had half a beak, they have no boundaries and act as if they are starving. You look so happy and I am sure you are such a wonderful mom to little Makray. Hang in there, Katie

Lindsey and Isaac said...

You guys all look so cute together. I remember those geese! They scared me, they come right up to you!

Sheena said...

Those geese do look scary. Mackray is very cute! It is so fun to see pictures of you guys. Congrats on getting into Pharmacy school Dave! That's awesome. Take care!

Megs said...

We love that the warm weather is here, we haven't braved the ducks and geese yet though!! How fun, have u found a place in pocatello yet?

Ashley Wray said...

Hey Kennedy family, of course we remember you guys! Your littl boy is adorable and it looks like your doing well! Looking at your pictures makes me miss the nature park, so you post pics of that and I'll post pics of Burley and it will feel like we both have never left! Glad to have "ran into you" on here!