Sunday, September 7, 2008

FAIR TIME

David being gone for the weekend... ugh. I was delighted to hear that my dad wanted to come up and take Mak and I to the Eastern Idaho State fair. You see I love fairs... and more than that I was tired. Makray, that morning alone, had shimmied out of his jammies and pottied all over his crib, jimmy rigged the fridge open and pulled everything out including a Tupperware or raviolis (and ate it), ate gel while i was fixing his hair, and scaled the toilet and pulled out all the toilet paper. I know it sounds like I one of those moms..... but I swear I watch him every second of the day that am not cleaning up one of his messes. ANYWAY. We went to fair. We saw horse races, demolition derbies, and every animal you can think. Makray loved every minute of it. His fave were the goats. He made especially good friends with a big fat goat that had gotten its head stuck through the fence. The goat nibbled Mak's toes and let him stick his fingers in his nose.

At the end of the day Makray had eaten two dozen tater tots, 3 sippy cups of Dr. Pepper, and half a bag of licorice. Maybe I am one of those moms. He was filthy and stinky and his hair was a poof of curls, but he was the happiest little boy at the fair. This is Makray's little friend they loved each other, I loved sanitizing wipes.

This was a very big cow!!!

Makray and Grandpa are the best of friends.

3 comments:

Sheena said...

Looks like you had fun Whitney! I love fairs too. I don't think you are "one of those moms." Mac is just a one year old. :)

Nicole said...

Oh I miss the fair!! I don't think I dare go to a fair here. I'm so sorry that you had such a horrible time moving. I don't think moving is very fun and when you add a curious child and no husband it has got to be difficult. Way to go!!!!!!! I'm glad you are settled. I dying to see pictures. I hope that the ward is good....or neighbors. Have you met any friends?

Katie Cash Davis said...

I think I'm one of those moms too--some days way more than others. I love Mak's curly hair. What a handsome boy! I'm glad your move is over. Packing with babies is DIFFICULT!